Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me! Thanks for your comments!

Today is my 9th Birthday! One of the things I told my Mom that I wanted is that I can help even more people with my blog so I hope my wish comes true. Already we have over 12,000 hits and remember, I always check every so often to answer your comments.

Sarah, who recently got her palate expander wrote in to ask if the turns get any easier. Well I think I can say that they do because it is something you kind of get used to but it still hurts. Remember, every day that you turn it, is one less day. That is what I kept thinking or at least my mother kept sayiing to me.

Another comment came from Caroline who said she has a peanut stuck in her palate expander and can't get it out. It was written a couple of weeks ago and I am sorry I haven't written sooner. But, I think by now you know that now you know you cannot eat ALL foods, an dmaybe peanuts are somethin gyou should avoid. My dentist had told me to stay away from nuts and popcorn and hard candy and of course gum.

I am proud of all of you for going through this with your palate expander. You are doing an awesome job and you should be proud of yourself.

Please tell your friends who have palate expanders abou tmy blog. I would love to be able to help them too.

have a good day.
yoru friend
colin



5 comments:

  1. Hi Colin (and his Mum),
    My 8 year old daughter just got her upper expander put in a week ago. Tonight will be her 5th turn. She will also be getting a lower expander in a fortnight. I am hoping everything goes well for her. She has enjoyed reading your blog.
    Congratulations Colin for having this great blog!! I am sure lots of kids (and parents) who read your updates find it comforting to know what to expect, so thank you Colin for sharing your experiences!
    A&E in Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Colin! My 8 yr-old son got a removable palate expander put on today plus braces on his front teeth. He can take the expander out to brush his teeth and rinse his mouth out after he eats. I took him straight to a birthday party afterwards. He had fun but his braces fell off after he had some sliced apples! So straight back to the orthodontist we went. :) I bought him a bunch of pudding and yogurt and Tylenol today--hopefully that will help. I will definitely show your blog to my son--I think it's great. It will really help him to get advice from another kid who's gone through it. Thanks so much! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just got my palate expander out! so excited!

    from: Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colin and Mom. Happy belated Birtthday ! My son is 9 and scheduled to have his palate expander surgically implanted in just 6 more days. He is just learning to read now and can't wait to share your blog with him. Thank you for sharing your stories, how comforting !! My son had a lithium appliance when he was an infant but mom is nervous for him this time around being older. Thank you for sharing yor bravery, your quite an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friend, I am so glad that my blog has helped you out and I wish your son much luck. Everything will be okay. Now that he is older at least he can talk to you and tell you how he is doing instead of when he was a baby and had that lithium appliance in his mouth. Everything is going to be okay and my mom says to tell you that YOU as his mom will be okay too! Its probably harder for the moms to have to turn the key than it is for the kid except it actually hurts us. oh well. have a good day and thank yo for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete