Wednesday, October 3, 2012

To My Palate Expander Friends...A Big Hello

Hi Palate Expander Friends,
I'm sorry it has taken me awhile to post again...I am now on a new dental adventure. My teeth are coming in kind of funny. One of my top two teeth is really far in and my bottom teeth are sticking out. I look kind of funny I think. Now my dentist does not want to put braces on me now so we have a new plan...I have to take a popsicle stick and push the top tooth out with it. I have to hold it in place for 30 minutes and then the bottom tooth that is really sticking out, I have to push it in with my thumb. It is painful. While I am doing it, I get a really bad pain in my jaw on my right side and in my ear. Its kind of weird.

I am so proud of all o fyou when I read all of your comments and that you are going through this palate expander adventure....my dentist told me that if I hadn't done it, my teeth now would be a lot worse so I am grateful that I had it. Do you know sometimes I kind of miss it because I miss writing on here every day.

"You can do this!" Its uncomfortable and not really fun because you talk funny and it hurts to eat, and oh, your poor Moms having to turn it. My Mom still reminds me about that how she felt so bad about turning the key.

So while you are on your palate expander adventure, I am working on my popsicle adventure. Sounds funny.

You are all amazing.

Your Friend
Colin

8 comments:

  1. Hey Collin! I just found your blog recently and I found you to be super cute :) I'm 14 and I just got a palate expander(like 2 days ago). Reading your posts made me feel a lot better so thanks! I still have trouble eating and since i'm a food lover, it sucks :( Keep up the amazing blogging and I know your teeth are going to look GORGEOUS after all this :)

    Love,
    a fellow palate expander adventurist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello fellow palate expander adventurist! Happy new Year! It is like an adventure having that thing, isn't it? I am sure you survived it and got used to it...read my new post to see what i am going through now..... we do this so we can be super cool and look great, right?
      Your Friend
      Colin
      PS Thank you for reading my blog

      Delete
  2. Yeah,I have the palate expander thing too. you are exactly the same as me c: i had to do everything you did [except the B-days and stuff] but you are right,it did hurt at first. I HATED IT D:! just a question...do you like Legos and Skylanders? I DO also,you have awesome blogs [thanks for it c:] so,happy blogging!!! c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love Legos and Skylanders but I am hoping I get Skylanders for my birthday which is next month, you know and I will be 10. For Christmas I got a couple of Ninjago Lego Sets. I like Ninjago a lot.
      Happy New Year
      Your Friend
      Colin
      PS Thank you for reading my blog!

      Delete
  3. Hi Colin,
    This is my second time viewing this blog and I am excited to read it. I have two questions and a problem I have with my expander.
    1. If I have an expander an its driving me crazy, what should I do?
    2. How come kids can't eat tootsie rolls if they have an expander?

    My problem is, my spit keeps on getting stuck in my expander and when I try to get it out it feels pressure-y.

    Well, that's all I have for right now. From Marcy S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Friend,
      Thank you for reading my blog again. Thats cool. I am so glad I am helping so many people.
      1. If you have an expander and it is driving you crazy, you really don't have a choice but what got me through it was my mom telling me everyday how it was going to help me and it is better to have it on when you are a kid because when you are an adult it would really really really hurt.
      2. If you eat tootsie rolls, it will stick and may get stuck in the appliance. Like popcorn, don't eat it.
      My spit kept getting stuck too and I was drooling. Its not fun but look how many other people are going through this? So just think, you are not alone. Thanks Marcy S. for reading my blog. Happy new Year

      Delete
  4. Hi colin, I am 7 years old and I just got my palet expander today. And I have a question. How many days do you think it will be before my speech gets better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi to my 7 year old friend. How are you doing with your palate expander? Its been a few weeks now and I'm sure your speech is improving. It just takes awhile to figure out how to move your tongue differently. I am so proud of you for doing this and you will be so happy when it is done. Have a good day :) Your friend, Colin

    ReplyDelete