Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mouthwash

Hi Friends,
A lot of people have been writing to me to ask if you can use mouthwash when you have a palate expander to get the food unstuck. Well, I didn't really use it because it stings my tongue but I did swish around water in my mouth and that helped to get the food out sometimes. But don't forget to use the little brush thing your dentist gives you and if the dentist doesn't give it to you, ask him because it really helps. You kind of stick the brush between the top of your mouth and the palate expander and move it back and forth and it gets the stuck food out. I used to keep it in my lunch box last year.
Me and my Mom found this website that sells the little toothbrushes. They call it a palate sweeper. here is the link we found (NOTE: we are just posting this because we thought it might help soem of you but we didn't use this, we used the one from the dentist). http://www.dentakit.com/lpapaclto.html
Have a nice day and thank you for reading my blog.
Your Friend,
Colin :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Colin, I am your age and I have a palate expander. I have those brushes too and my mom also puts them in my lunchbox. And the mouthwash is yucky. I like the nightime one but the daytime one tastes like clorine and mint.
    The kid that has a lot in common with you,
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete