Friday, May 20, 2011

Now it is time to find out about you and here is a joke too!

This is me with my Opa. He came to visit me from Florida. I am playing the piano for him. Oh, that is something you can do with a palate expander...play the piano..haha

Hi to all my blog friends out there! How are you doing? I hope you are all doing okay? I have been wondering who is reading my blog. I looked today and I have over 1,485 hits! That is soooooo cool. I am wondering who you all are. Do you all have palate expanders too?
When you write comments, I will answer them so let me know and then I will answer you :).
I have to tell you that yesterday I was supposed to go for my checkup for my palate expander. I didn't go. My appointment was for 2 o'clock and my mother couldn't get me out of school early to take me. i don't know why they don't make my appointments for after school. My mom said she will try and get an appointment for after school. I don't like missing. Besides my brother has pneumonia and it was raining and she didn't want to go out in the rain with him. Tha tis another reason why I missed my appointment.

You know sometimes I forget that I even have the palate expander so if you are just getting yours, don't worry, because it goes by really fast. I was so scared when i first got it and my mother was going crazy with fear because she was so afraid to hurt me. It does hurt when you turn it. Tha tis the the truth, but then you kind of get used to it. Now I am in the part where it just hangs out in my mouth to keep my mouth the new size. I have not lost a lot of baby teeth so I will not even get braces for a couple of years I think because don't you need your grown up teeth to get braces? But at least when I get my grown up teeth, there will be space for my new teeth to fit in.

Here is a dentist joke I found to make you guys laugh...
Why did the king go to the dentist?
To get his teeth crowned...
haha..
I will tell you that I really didn't get that but my mom has a crown so she was trying to explain it to me about what a crown is.
Have a good day.
thank you for reading my blog
Hang in there if you just got your palate expander..it will be okay :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Colin! I live near Philadelphia. Your mom was my daughter Katie's pre-k teacher last year and we miss her a ton. Katie even remembers you from your visits to the classroom!

    Why do I read your blog? Well, it turns out that Katie may need a palate expander in the future - we don't know yet. But, like your mom, I am probably more nervous about it than she is. So when I read your posts, I feel like we can handle it if she has to get one someday. I'll make sure that Katie reads your blog if she has to get her own palate expander.

    Also, when I was 7, I had to start wearing a bionator (like an expander for your bottom jaw) and I HATED it! It didn't hurt much but it made it hard to talk and eat. I had to take it out to eat and sometimes I would forget where I put it and I would have to search all over for it. I didn't know anyone else with one. It would have been nice to have had a bionator blog to read back then!

    Keep it up - you're a great writer, and you're helping lots of kids out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to Katie's mother! I remember Katie and my mom has her picture up with the rest of the class from last year in her office so I pass by katie's picture every day. She talks about katie when it is raining because she says she remembers how katie likes to pick u pthe worms from the puddles after it rains. haha.
    I don't have to wear the bottom thing in my mouth so I don't have to worry about losing it but I do lose my glasses sometimes because I will pu them down and then I forget where they are.
    Have a nice day and thank you for writing. Tell Katie that when she gets the palate expander it is not too bad. P.S. My mom says hello. Your friend Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colin - I am so happy I found your blog! I live on Long Island, NY. My daughter Alexa is 8 years old, and she has to get a palate expander this summer. I have been worried about it ( I think like you said all moms freak out about it!) I was looking up some information on expanders - and found your blog! I will let my daughter read it, and let you know what she thinks! Thank you so much for explaining things so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CDpteach and Alexa! Pleaes tell Alexa good luck with her palate expander. It will be okayl. Luckily she is getting it this summer so she won't have to worry about what kids might think at school when she strts to talk a little funny. That was one of my problems..the kids kind of made fun of my speech but then it was okay. Tell Alexa that everything will be okeydokey! Read some of my other blogs if you want from the beginning and that will tell you about things me and my mom did to make it easier for me to deal with the pain and discomfort. Have a good Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually going to have a consultation for an adult palate expander (very slow expansion, I'm 34!) in a couple of weeks. It's called the ALF appliance. Many people think it's not possible for adults to have their upper jaws expanded without surgery, but it is! :)
    Thank you for writing this blog, Colin! You are a brave pioneer of sorts.

    ReplyDelete