Monday, August 22, 2011

3 More Days, Popcorn, Questions, and my mom is crazy

Hi Friends,

In 3 days, I am getting my palate expander off but don't worry, I will still check on here and write and answer your questions! I am feeling a little nervous, a little confident that my mouth will be better, but I am a little scared when they take it off. Please wish me luck.

Erzsbet who is a 9th grader wrote to me about the popcorn issue. With her palate expander, she eats food like popcorn all the time, plus she has braces too! So, she asked her orthodontist who told her
"It's not about what foods you eat, it's about HOW you eat it. He said it's perfectly fine to eat foods like popcorn, as long as you're a good cleaner. Unfortunatly a thorough brushing after every meal is one of the prices you have to pay for such yummy foods (We're all *supposed* to do that anyways)..

So for this answer, I don't know what to tell you. I eat it too. Shhhh! Don't tell my dentist, but it gets stuck once in awhile. When I had my teeth cleaning, they found popcorn in it and that was bad. Well I don't know how to explain how i felt when they said that except I thought, "oops!" And you know we are kids, well some of us are grownups too who read this, and how can we resist popcorn? But today my Mom saw that I was coughing when I went to get my new glasses at the eye doctor so she said to me, "do you want a piece of gum?" and I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING? I HAVE A PALATE EXPANDER IN MY MOUTH." Maybe she was testing me. And also, I have never been allowed to ever chew gum so why did she even think that I would want some. P.S. Never had cavities...maybe not chewing gum is working for that. haha.

Another reader of my blog asked what would happen if we turned the key too many times..so I sent the question to my dentist and when I get an answer I will post that too.

3 days to go and this thing comes off.

Your Friend
Colin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Collin I don't know if you remember me but I am the 9 year old Samantha. I realized that you got your palate expander taken off today (8/25/2011) congratulations!!! Well like I said I had to get my palate expander taken off... so today I got it put back on and it was actually, just A few hours ago because right now it is 6:30 P.M. My mom said she was very proud of you when I told her that you got it off today. By the way do you live in New York? Well, if you do I will be praying for you because of hurricane Irene. I North Carolina so we are gonna get some rain. (please do not share on your blog that I live in North Carolina) Anyway, i am very excited that you got your palate expander taken off today.

    Sincerely,Samantha

    ReplyDelete