Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Saturday :)

Hi Friends,
I just wanted to give you some answers to some of the questions you were asking. My dentist and his assistant were nice enough to email me to let me know the answers to so thank you to them for helping us understand more.
 So, the first question we wanted to get answered was...
Do your cheekbones expand when you get a palate expander?
The answer is yes.
That kind of freaks me out a little but I guess if the palate expander is stretching out your palate then yes, your cheeks will widen a bit but its not like you are going to have an elephant face or anything. I haven't really noticed anything.
#2
One of our readers commented that they have a palate expander that you don't have to turn the key for.
So I asked the dentist about that too and he said...
it is called a QUAD HELIX but it is used for a different kind of bite.
here is a link on youtube that shows the quad helix expander:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9JvE1Npfg8

thank you for reading my blog! good luck wiht your palate expanders....i will write again soon.
have a good weekend.
your friend
Colin

p.s. I've been participating in my local theatre group. here is a picture of me with my drama buddies performing "I'm a Believer" from the Shrek Musical. (i'm in the blue). hey, thats another thing YOU CAN DO WITH A PALATE EXPANDER....haha

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that my daughter's cheeks have healed. It took about 5 days, but she is fine now. The space between her teeth is starting to widen a bit. Last night she had a tiny bit of pain when I turned the key, but so far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that her cheeks are doing better and that turning the key isn't that horrible anymore! I am so proud of her! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8vs8ezQiPQ) you'll find a video about your palate expander, who it works.

    ReplyDelete