Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Your comments!

Hi Friends,
Thank you to all of you who have been writing to me. I love to read your comments and I try to answer them the best that I can. If I don't know the answer, I send an email to my dentist and within a couple of days I get the answer and will post them then.
So, a couple of things.
One, good luck to GRADY who just a few days ago got both upper and lower palate expanders. I am really proud of you and I am sure all of your fellow palate expander friends are proud of you being so brave with having both the top and the bottom. With me, I only have the top palate expander and to answer your question about when I could eat real food, it took about a week I think to eat regular food. I am sure you love milkshakes but are probably sick of them by now! Who would have thought that someone could be sick of milkshakes! But I know too. Try some soft noodles like spaghetti. Did you do that? My mom made ramen noodles too. Pudding, and things you can just suck down instead of chewing. You will get the hang of getting the food out that gets stuck in your palate expanders too. Your tongue will automatically learn what to do.
So good luck with that.
ANONYMOUS wrote that they have a palate expander where they don't have to turn the key. I am going to email my dentist to find out more about that or ANONYMOUS if you are reading this, can you comment again and tell us more about this kind please?
Another reader was telling us that her daughter has a palate expander and has sores inside her cheeks. If I remember right, my dentist said that if I have sores in my mouth, I should come back in to see him so they can adjust whatever is causing the sores. I didn't have that but I would have the mom call the dentist and get looked it. The palate expander is already a pain, so who wants more pain.
I hope you are all having a good day. I will write again and answer the questions when I hear back from my dentist :).
Your Friend, Colin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment