Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I almost choked on a cucumber but I am okay.

Today my mom took me and my brother to Magic Wingls Butterfly place in massachussetts. It was a loooong ride but my mom gave me a Phineas and Ferb book activity book so I worked on that and of course I had a dvd player to watch a Mario video. TheThen wewent to the Yankee Candle Factory and I got to dip my hand in hot wax. It was not so bad but I made a cool claw!
That is my claw!

So I have to tell you about my palate expander now. I do not like it but my mom says she is beginning to see a difference in my mouth so this is a good thing. I have 13 more times to have the key. That is not so bad. Tonight I did not cry so much. I just wanted to play the Wii so even though it is not the weekend my mom said because it is vacation i can play it but i have to be in bed by 8 so I will do this and then go play. My mom is helping me type some of this so I can go play. Thank you Mommy!
I have to tell you something funny about my palate expander. When my Mom does it now, she lays me down.  Tonight she laid me down on our kitchen island where there is good light and when she did, she didn't realize that there were two hamburgers there and she put her arm in the ketchup and the mustard on the burger. haha.
I will be happy when this thing is off. I cannot wait but my Mom keeps telling me that I am helping others by writing this so I am doing a good deed. Now I want to play the Wii. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, there, Colin! My name is Sandra, and I live in Ontario, Canada :) I spotted a link to your blog somewhere today - I can't remember where!!! - so I came for a visit :) I think you're a very brave young man, and it's very nice of you to post your story so other people can learn what it's like to have a palate expander, and to not be too scared about it!

    I'll be watching for more posts from you!

    Sandra :)
    P.S. I'm a redhead and so is my oldest son, so between you and me ... REDHEADS ROCK!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colin:

    I know you are almost done with your palate expander experience, but I wanted to leave you a note of thanks! Your blog is well written and it shows your immense courage. Thank for sharing your story, your mother is right, you ARE helping others by writing of your experience. My son Jules just got his expander inserted yesterday, he is doing pretty well and hanging in through the rough parts. I can't wait to show him your blog.

    Please tell your mom, thanks as well, I truly appreciate her for sharing your blog with all of us, and for her sharing her experiences as the mom and the Key Turner.


    Jules and I will be reading the rest of your blog.

    Best
    Yetunde

    ReplyDelete