Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm Getting A Little Used To It.

When I wore up this morning, I remembered I had it, the palate expander.  I'm not drooling a lot. When I drink it goes into my palate expander but it leaks out after like 4 seconds.
For breakfast, I had chocolate milk and a pudding snack. My mom took me and my brother and Liam, Justin's friend, to China town today. That is whereJustin wanted to go for his birthday. Everyone got Dunkin Donuts but I am not allowed to eat bread or donuts while I have this thing on, so my mom brought pudding and I got to buy a chocolate milk. We had cheerios for me too. The cheerios, I had a problem on my first one, so I didn't even eat the rest. I couldn't get it to go down my throat. It didn't get stuck, I just had a problem getting it down my throat.
I drank a lot of water today.
I liked Chinatown a lot. It was awesome. I loved everything except the snow, the ground, and it was all dirty. There was a big parade because it was Chinese New year. Every road that we went on, had different parades going on. They had these guys dressed up in costumes going from door to door of all the stores and restaurants.

Me in Chinatown with Liam and Justin


These are those costume guys I told you about.

So now it was time to eat. We went to a chinese restaurant. Of Course! I ate chinese noodles and wonton soup. I ate a wonton. I just ate it normal. I ate up little pieces with my front teeth, like little, and the meat was actually quite easy to eat. I don't remember if it got stuck a little bit. It did, so I used my finger to get the piece out and then I swallowed it.  I am using my tongue to move it back and forth. I did it with my mouth closed so no one would know but now you know. You take the top of your tongue and kind of flip the food back into your throat.
My mom says if I am going to eat, I am going to have to start chewing somehow so I don't choke.
My mom said not to look at the coke cans because coke is bad for you.

5 comments:

  1. Great Blog! This is really well written. I am going to post about it and link to it on my blog later this week so all the foodie people can read about palate expanders too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son just turned 8, and I am so glad I got to read this blog;) it gives me some insight on how my own son is feeling. It cannot be easy! I think you are a strong little man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got a palatal expander Too and rarely i dont think its too bad i just HATE the Lisp but i can eat evreything that i want just cut it to get little pieces

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son, who has just turned 9, will be getting his expander in a few days. I'll let him read your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my palate expander! This seems a lot like my own ordeal.

    ReplyDelete